You Le Shan Gu Cha Sheng Puer (Ancient Tree Green Puer) 2007

You Le Shan Gu Cha Sheng Puer (Ancient Tree Green Puer) 2007
$50.70
Size
Quant

You Le Mountain is one of the Six Famous Mountains for puer. The tea that comes from this region is known for its rich, complex flavor and long finish. There are still many ancient trees in the area, some between 100 and 300 years old. It is very uncommon to find a loose leaf sheng (green) puer made only from these ancient trees, because it will usually be blended with other mao cha to create richness in a puer cake.

You Le is a rare puer and we feel privileged to be able to get some. About 70% of it is tea buds, the remaining 30% being tender young leaves. This tea is from 2007 and the taste is very smooth with a sweet aftertaste. The aroma of the dry leaves sets the standard for the mao cha that comes from ancient trees. The brewed tea smells like fresh lotus. During the Qing Dynasty this tea was pressed into large melon-shaped balls for tribute to the Emperor. The picking standard was the same. This tea is a very good tea to be aged if you can stop yourself from drinking it.



Tea Origin: You Le Mountain, Yunnan Province
Tea Bush: You Le Gu Cha Shu (Gu Cha Shu means ancient tea tree)
Tea Master: Yang Bang Sheng
Harvest Time: Ming Qian (March)
Picking Standard: Mostly buds or one bud/one leaf
Brewing vessel: Glass cup, gaiwan, glass or porcelain pot, yixing pot
Brewing Guidelines: 1st infusion 1 tablespoon of tea per 12 oz of water, 212 degrees F for 2 min
Infusions: At least 7 times

: *
: *
: *
 
Yin Gou Mei (Silver Fish Hook Eyebrow) Green Tea 2013 Meng Ding Huang Ya (Yellow Buds) Organic Yellow Tea 2012 Mo Gan Huang Ya (Mo Gan Yellow Buds) Organic Yellow Tea 2012
$5.91
$7.33
$8.94
 
Hua Xin Mu Dan (Chrysanthemum Peony) Display Tea 2012 4pc Zhi Lan Xiang (Iris Flower) Dan Cong Wulong 2014 Glass Cup Green PP lid and bottom 250ml
$9.35
$19.94
$29.95
 
Jun Shan Yin Zhen Organic Yellow Tea 2014 Tongmu Bohea Organic Black Tea 2012 Bai Long Xu Gong Cha (White Dragon Whiskers Tribute Green Puer Cake) 2014 357g
$31.20
$42.90
$159.80